Family Sponsorship

There are three categories under the family class:

  • Sponsor spouses or common-law partners and children
  • Sponsor parents/grandparents 
  • Sponsor other family members

You must meet all requirements for sponsors. In the meantime, your family member must meet relevant requirements for permanent residence.


Federal Immigration Programs - Express Entry

There are three immigration programs run by the Federal government, namely, Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Trades Worker Program, and Canadian Experience Class. Each program has their own specific requirements. All candidates must enter the Express Entry in order to be selected for one of the three programs.

Express Entry (EE) process:

  1. You must be eligible for one of the above-mentioned programs in order to enter EE pool;
  2. You enter EE pool and create your profile. Once you are in pool, you are scored on the basis of information on factors including their Canadian work experiences, language proficiency, education, age, and a valid job offer or provincial nomination etc.
  3. IRCC then draw the top ranking candidates to apply for permanent residence on the regular basis. CIC decides how many invitations to issue at each draw.
  4. Once you receive an invitation to apply, you have up to 90 days to submit your application.
  5. You can stay in the pool for up to one year before you are flushed out if you don't receive the invitation. You can re-enter the pool by repeating the above-mentioned process after one year.


Provincial Nomination

There are 11 provinces or territory in Canada which have their own specific immigration streams speaking to their unique needs in terms of their social and economic development. Different provinces have different programs and requirements. You are strongly encouraged to check the province website to explore and identify programs that fit you best.



If you have the required education, language skills and/or work experience in caring young children, seniors or people with high medical needs, and you have a prospective Canadian employer who has been granted a LMIA for you to work for him/her, you may be able to work in Canada as a caregiver.

After being a caregiver for a couple of years, you may be able to apply for permanent residence.


Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C)

Under the Canadian immigration laws, a person must qualify for one of the immigration programs to become a permanent resident. However, if you are in Canada and not qualifying in any class, but you are in an extraordinary circumstance, you may be able to apply for permanent residence under H&C ground. H&C is not an immigration program or stream, rather an exception for people with compelling reasons to become a permanent resident in Canada while they are in.